Cancer screening aids in detecting cancer earlier when it is most easily treated. There are programs in Nevada to help people who qualify get screened for colorectal, breast and cervical cancer.The Division of Public and Behavioral Health contracts with the Access to Healthcare network to provide breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screenings to women in Nevada who fit the following eligibility requirements:
- Biological women, transgender men (female to male) and transgender women (male to female) with past or current hormone use
- Reside in Nevada
- Meet income guidelines; at or below 250% of the federal poverty level
- Are uninsured or underinsured
- Meet age requirements
Women’s Health Connection clients are eligible to receive annual screening the following routine cancer screening services:
- At age 40 clients receive:
- Annual Clinical Breast Exam
- Annual Pelvic Exam
- Pap test every 3 years or Pap test with HPV co-testing every 5 years
- After age 50, clients are eligible to receive annual screening mammogram.
- Funding is also available for colorectal cancer screening (age 50 and above).
Please contact the Women’s Health Connection at the Access to Healthcare Network at 1-877-385-2345 or visit www.accesstohealthcare.org to inquire about no-cost breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening.