Starting healthy habits, growing brighter futures.
WIC is Nevada’s organization for Woman, Infants and Children.
WIC provides nutritious foods, nutrition education, breast-feeding support, community referrals to health and other social services, nutrition counseling and health screenings to participants at no charge.
WIC serves income eligible pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, and infants and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk.
Participation in WIC also leads to:
- Increased likelihood of obtaining prenatal and regular health care
- Reduced incidence of low birth weight and premature births
- Increased breastfeeding and breastfeeding duration rates
- Reduced incidence of anemia
- Improved diets
- Improved immunization rates
- Improved learning in school
- Better cognitive performance
For more information visit www.nevadawic.org