School Wellness Policies

State School Wellness Policy

The purpose of the Nevada Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Division is to assist local school districts and other nonprofit sponsors in assuring that students are well-nourished, healthy, and ready to learn. For further information and resources, please visit Nevada Department of Agriculture’s Wellness Policy Website.

Wellness Policy and Definitions
Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 9

“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202)720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”

County Wellness Polices

Statewide School Wellness Policy
Carson City School District
Churchill County School District
Clark County School District
Douglas County School District
Elko County School District
Esmeralda County School District
Eureka County School District
Humboldt County School District
Lander County School District
Lincoln County School District
Lyon County School District
Mineral County School District
Nye County School District
Pershing County School District
Storey County School District
Washoe County School District
White Pine County School District

County Wellness Policy Compliance

Steps to Take:

Refer to school district Local School Wellness Policy (LSWP)

  • Regulations and standards are listed under LSWP
  • Categories of frequently asked questions may include: Nutrition standards, physical activity, celebrations etc.

Contact local school administrator

  • Connect with School Wellness Coordinator to ask questions about LSWP concerns and implementation
  • Connect with Principal if concern is not addressed

Contact School District Superintendent

  • Write a formal letter of concern to superintendent

Contact Department of Agriculture

  • Only if concern or question is not addressed or answered within the school district