Ways to prevent cancer and increase cancer screening in the workplace
- Establish a smoke-free work place policy
- Provide healthy foods in vending machines and cafeterias
- Encourage employees to increase physical activity
- Collaborate with hospitals to host screening events
- Provide health insurance coverage that covers preventive services
- Provide sick leave to allow employees time off of work to get screened
Among preventive health measures, cancer screenings are very important to make sure that if there is anything there, it is caught early.